CONTROLLER OF EXAMINATIONS (UG COURSES)
The office of the Controller of Examination (UG Courses) has been functioning from the year 1987 with the conferment of autonomous status to the college. The following are the exclusive features introduced over the years:
The results are approved by the Awards Committee with two University Nominees of Madurai Kamaraj University, Madurai, Principal, Two Controllers and due representations by teaching faculty, as per UGC norms, as members.
- The Time Table for conducting the Terminal Examination for each semester is prepared well in advance and displayed in the notice board for the information of the students.
- Before the commencement of the Terminal Examinations, each candidate is given a Hall Ticket with the candidate’s photo, the date, time and the paper code of the regular and / or arrear examinations for which the candidate is going to appear.
- The Results for III year UG students are published within 15 days from the last date of Terminal Examination, and subsequently within 4 days and 8 days for II year and I year respectively.
- After the publication of the results, a copy of it is given to the department concerned and all the results are uploaded in the college web-site.
- The candidates are given with a consolidated Statement of Marks and Grades for each semester with seven security features.
- A Comprehension and Viva-Voce examination is conducted for third year students at the end of sixth semester. Multiple Choice questions are asked from the Core Papers studied during the V and VI semesters for Comprehension and Viva-Voce examination is also conducted by an Internal and an External Examiners.
- All the students of B.Sc., (Physics, Computer Science, Computer Science and Information Technology, Visual Communication), BCA, B.Com. (Computer Applications, E-Commerce) and BBA students are doing a project work during VI semester instead of Elective Paper and a Viva-Voce examination is also conducted on Project Work. All others can do either Project Work or Elective Paper.
- There are 3951 Undergraduate students studying in the college at present.